We took advantage of an opportunity to sample populations of non-native predatory fish in one of the marshes created and managed by the Natomas Basin Conservancy when the marsh was drained for routine maintenance purposes. Both largemouth bass and green sunfish were present in the marsh. Green sunfish appear to be too small to pose a significant risk of predation to giant garter snakes, although they may compete with giant garter snakes for prey. Largemouth bass pose a greater risk to giant garter snakes and management actions to control their populations may become necessary in the future.
Sidebar Widget Area
This page is using the default sidebar widget area.
- The Hoot of Success
- Effie Yeaw’s Orion makes a visit
- That sweet smell.
- New appointments to the Conservancy’s Board of Directors
- Prey production
- Button, Button, Who Has the Button?
- It’s a Convention of Like Minds
- Two blackbirds sitting on a…tule.
- Conservancy Board Dedicates the Anne Rudin Preserve
- Chandra Chilmakuri was elected as new TNBC Board Chair